St. Patty’s Day is right around the corner and you’re excited about all the festivities. Whether or not you claim Irish ancestry, you still want to be part of one of the biggest celebrations of the year. Don’t limit yourself to questionable green beer. Mix up some yummy green concoctions instead! Our mixologists in South Florida share three St. Patrick’s Day cocktail recipes to try this year.
The Drunk Grasshopper is nothing but mint chocolate fun invented in 1918 by the original owner of Tujague’s, a bar in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Now it’s one of the most popular St. Patrick’s Day cocktail recipes because of its bright green color. Of course, we don’t expect you to go grasshopper-hunting in your backyard for this decadent cocktail. It’s actually a fairly simple cocktail to concoct.
- 1/2 oz creme de menthe, chilled
- 2 oz white chocolate liqueur, chilled
- 1 oz Vokva Vodka, chilled
- Cool Whip, for garnish
- Chocolate shavings, for garnish
- Combine creme de menthe, white chocolate liqueur, and vodka in a coupe. Stir it up.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of chocolate shavings.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you’re craving something more tart, another green concoction you should try for St. Patty’s Day is a Green Appletini. Appletinis tend to be popular year-round, but their bright, electric green color from the sour apple schnapps makes it a fantastic St. Patty’s Day cocktail. To get that beautiful green color, make sure to add white cranberry juice and green sour apple schnapps:
- 2 oz Vokva Vodka
- 1 oz sour apple schnapps
- 2 oz white cranberry juice
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Serve and enjoy!
Love citrus? One of the strongest St. Patrick’s Day cocktail recipes you definitely don’t want to miss out on this year is the Shamrock Juice! This drink packs a powerful punch, with vodka, gin, rum, blue curacao, and tequila. Prepare a pitcher and enjoy the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations with friends!
- ½ oz Vokva Vodka
- 1/2 oz gin
- 1/2 oz white tequila
- 1/2 oz light rum
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- 4 oz fresh-squeezed orange juice
Need more ideas for St. Patrick’s Day cocktail recipes this year? Contact one of our Fort Lauderdale mixologists at Vokva Vodka today.